‘Insights and Achievements: iia Leadership Program 2023 Participant Reports’ Webinar Recordings
The iia would like to thank everyone that attended the ‘Insights and Achievements: iia Leadership Program 2023 Participant Reports’ webinars, that took place 26th and 27th September 2023. We would also like to thank Rob Edgecock for hosting the webinars, and the 2023 Leadership Program participants for their informative presentations.
The recordings of these webinars are new available to watch at the links below.
- Khalid Fatouaki (National Institute of Agricultural Research, Morocco)
- Alvin Kier R. Gallardo (Philippine Nuclear Research Institute, Philippines)
- Raza Saleem (Scapa Healthcare, United Kingdom)
- Henni Widyastuti (Indonesia National Research and Innovation Agency, Indonesia)
- Adrián Arias Blanco (University Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
- Gabriel Kojo Frimpong Ph. D (Ghana Atomic Energy Commission, Ghana)
- Emily Glowski (Texas A&M University, USA)
- Regiane Martins (Institute of Energy and Nucleear Research and University of São Paulo, Brazil)
- Sandra Eva Pawlak (National Commission of Atomic Energy (CNEA), Argentina)
Leadership Program Information
The leadership program is an initiative of the iia that seeks to help increase the talent pool that is available to the irradiation industry and thus contribute to the development of future business leaders.
The leadership program is focused on undergraduates nearing the end of their studies, but also is open to graduates who are already working in the irradiation industry.
The program consists of three core activities developed around a core theme that will involve applied research on a project proposed by a program host and of general interest to the irradiation community. Participation in the program will; improve practical knowledge and understanding of irradiation technologies and irradiation applications, provide experience of working in the irradiation industry and facilitate developing a network of contacts within the commercial irradiation community. The three core activities for 2023 are:
• Webinars: A series of online webinars introducing the irradiation industry and science.
• Workshop: A face-to-face workshop at Reims University in France in April 2023, with lectures building on the webinars, introductions from the Program sponsors and hosts and team building activities, including work on the proposed projects.
• Placement: An 8–10-week placement at an industry leader during the summer in 2023, introducing the company, what it does and continuing work on the project.
For more information about the Leadership Program, please follow this link.