International Symposium on Food Safety and Control
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) through the Joint FAO/IAEA Centre of Nuclear Techniques in Food and Agriculture has announced that an International Symposium on Food Safety and Control will be held from 27 to 31 May 2024 in IAEA Headquarters in Vienna, Austria.
The purpose of this symposium is to bring together experts and stakeholders in food safety and food control systems to consider the protection of the integrity of the food supply chain and measures to improve its resilience to food security challenges (e.g., disruptive events, climate change, foodborne disease, food fraud, antimicrobial resistance). Contemporary and new uses of nuclear and complementary techniques will be presented. Future perspectives and opportunities will be discussed. As a networking forum, the symposium will facilitate a broad understanding of food safety and food control systems and promote the peaceful use of nuclear technologies.
- Food authenticity and fighting food fraud
- Food and phytosanitary irradiation
- Chemical residues and contaminants in food and feed
- Preparing for, and responding to emergencies and incidents affecting the food supply
- Detection and characterization of pathogens in food
- Standard setting and risk assessment
- One Health, holistic approaches to human, animal and environmental health.
Abstract submission is open until 17 November 2023. No registration fee is charged to participants.
More information on this website.