Competency – SfSAP presentation at the Kilmer Conference 2022
The iia, as a founding member of the Society for Sterility Assurance Professionals (SfSAP), will be represented at the upcoming Kilmer Conference in Athens Greece during 13 – 16 June 2022. The SfSAP are planning an interactive presentation titled: A structured pathway to support, attract, retain and develop professionals involved in E2E sterility.
The SfSAP, formed in collaboration with iia, AAMI, ASTM and PDA, is dedicated to the advancement of professionals that work in E2E sterility assurance in the healthcare industry. It has developed Learning Frameworks that can be used by managers, mentors, and individuals involved in sterility assurance in the following areas:
- Microbiological aspects of sterility assurance for healthcare products
- Radiation Sterilization
- Gas Sterilization
- Heat Sterilization
- Aseptic Processing
- Packaging & Sterile Barrier Systems
The frameworks support the healthcare sterilization industry in the following ways:
- Assists individuals to create, plan and advance their careers.
- Supports employers meet regulatory requirements by providing career development pathways for staff.
- Support regulators in helping them determine the elements of training required to meet competency as defined in the MDSAP.
- Supports Education Delivery Organisations (EDO) by helping them develop training which is in line with the needs of the industry, and support the planning and advancement of sterilization professionals in their careers
The Kilmer Conference presentation will outline how the documents created by SfSAP can be used to provide a structured pathway to support, attract, retain and develop professionals involved in E2E sterility. It will end by explaining how interested parties can engage with the initiative.
Richard Johnson, President and Chief Executive Officer at the Parenteral Drugs Association (PDA) joined the board of SfSAP in March 2022. John Logar, who has spent most of his career involved with ASTM serving in many roles including Chair of the ASTM Board of Directors, and Steve Campbell, acting President and CEO at AAMI, both joined the SfSAP board in January 2022. These appointments strengthen the SfSAP board and allows both ASTM (through its committees) and AAMI to drive collaboration in developing training and certification, that meets the competency needs defined by the SfSAP sterility assurance community.
Please visit the SfSAP website for further details.