White Paper – Uses and Applications of Radiation Processing
The iia has published a new White Paper to highlight the benefits, importance and value of radiation processing globally. ‘Uses and Applications of Radiation Processing’ is a high level non-technical document aimed at people and organisations that are not familiar with radiation processing.
The White Paper summarises all the significant uses of radiation processing and the global economic, social and environmental benefits that arise from the technologies. This is followed by regional summaries that highlight how irradiation is applied around the world to bring a positive impact on the wellbeing of the population and the economies of each region.
Click here to access: Uses and Applications Radiation Processing
The International Irradiation Association would like to thank the following organisations for their support and regional input:
- American Nuclear Society (ANS, USA)
- Asociación Latinoamericana de Tecnologías de la Irradiación (ALATI, Latin America)
- Canadian Nuclear Isotope Council (CNIC, Canada)
- China Isotope & Radiation Association (CIRA, China)
- National Association for Application of Radioisotopes and Radiation in Industry (NAARRI, India)
- Panel on Gamma & Electron Irradiation (UK)
The iia expects to update the White Paper occasionally as the uses and applications of radiation processing evolve. The document is available for use by the international irradiation community.