Sudden & unexpected death of Professor Mostafa Sohrabpour
Professor Mostafa Sohrabpour, SPI Co.’s irradiation consultant and father of gamma irradiation industry in Iran
Seyedreza Rafiee, CEO of iia member SPI Co Ltd, has brought to our attention that it is with our great sorrow and heavy heart that he reports the sudden and unexpected death of SPI Co.’s irradiation consultant, Professor Mostafa Sohrabpour yesterday evening. Professor Sohrabpour was the pioneer of radiation processing industry in Iran who established the first irradiation facility in Iran called “Gamma Irradiation Center (GIC)” at Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) in 1985.
Professor Sohrabpour was a proud, well known and recognized as father of gamma irradiation industry among members of the irradiation industry in Iran. We extend our sincere condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.
His lifelong work in science and industry will be included the following highlights:
- Sc. and Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from University of Missouri, USA in 1972.
- Professor of Energy Engineering Department at Sharif University of Technology since 2005.
- Head of the Energy Engineering Department at Sharif University of Technology for 3 year.
- Published hundreds of international and national journal and conference papers
- Founder and director of Gamma Irradiation Center (GIC) at AEOI for 20 years (since 1979).
- Director of Education at Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) for 2 years.
- IAEA mission for feasibility study of developing radiation processing technology in Asia.
His legacy and memory will stay with his friends and colleagues and especially Seyedreza Rafiee and his staff at SPI Co. in Iran.