iia supporting NUTECH 2017, Krakow, Poland
iia engagement with the NUTECH-2017.
The Conference has been organized in Poland since 1960 and since 2005 it has achieved international status. NUTECH focuses on application of nuclear technology in industry, medicine, agriculture, and environmental protection.
The conference aims to bring together scientists working on nuclear technologies in order to discuss recent developments and applications.
This year the conference will celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Maria Skłodowska-Currie.
The iia will be involved in a number of aspects of NUTECH 2017 as detailed below:
- Co-chairman and organization of the conference – Prof. Andrzej Chmielewski who is head on the Institute for Nuclear Chemistry and Technology (Warsaw) and a member of the iia board is one of the main organizers of the conference.
- Chairman of the conference – Mr. John Masefield (iia Chairman) is an honorary Chairman. This position recognizes the contribution that John has made to developing the applications of irradiation during his long career.
- iia awards and engagement with the award committee – Dr. Gustavo Varca will represent iia at NUTECH and is working with the awards committee.
- Chair of the Industrial applications session – Dr. G Gustavo Varca will chair Session VII – Radiation Chemistry and Industrial Applications which will be held on Tuesday, 12 September 2017.
- iia presentation at the conference – A short presentation about the Association will be given during the conference.
- Financial support – iia is providing financial support for awards and to help enable students to attend the conference.